Terms and conditions
This agreement sets out the terms and conditions that will govern the relationship between you, the student and/or parent of the student, and Rebecca Taylor / Hartlepool Hawks Cheerleading Academy. It is a legally binding agreement and will be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Your Cheer/ Dance session
- Classes run weekly throughout the year. Students may, on occasions, be expected to attend extra rehearsals/performances.
- The dates and times of classes are published. Classes are subject to alteration due to unforeseen circumstances and students will be informed of such alterations in advance wherever possible.
- These terms and conditions also apply to any workshops, performance or events that the student takes part in with Hawks. An additional fee will apply to these additional activities.
- Each individual within a class is part of a group and as such it greatly helps our work if all students arrive on time and attend all classes arranged. Hawks reserves the right to refuse entry to the class if the student is more than 5 minutes late.
- Hawks should be notified in advance if you/your child is not attending a class so that we may plan accordingly and keep our records up to date. No refunds will be made for missed classes.
- It is your responsibility to inform us via email to email@example.com or in writing to Hawks Academy, John Swales enterprise centre, Moreland street TS24 7NL if:
- You/your child has any medical conditions and/or allergies, special needs or learning disabilities which could affect them during class if they have not already been stated on the personal information form
- You/your child has any injuries which could affect them during class. Agreeing to attend a class is a declaration of your fitness.
- Of any changes to your/your child's circumstances e.g. address, contact details, medical conditions etc.
- Hawks reserves the right to change teachers at short notice as and when necessary.
- Hawks reserves the right to cancel any course due to insufficient demand. In this case a full refund will be given.
- Some cheer/dance forms may require physical contact when demonstrating /correcting a student and I hereby consent to physical correction.
- Hawk's duty of care for a student is during stated class times only and then only to negligence. This is on the condition that they adhere to the rules of behaviour and conduct given by the teacher. Supervision outside of class/performance times is not the responsibility of Hawks.
- We expect that parents/guardians to be punctual on collecting students at the end of their class.
- We expect that students aged 12+ attending classes will leave the class unaccompanied, no longer becoming the responsibility of the teacher in charge, unless we are notified otherwise.
- No fizzy drinks are permitted during classes, on premises, performances, competitions or workshops.
- All valuables will be the responsibility of the student. Hawks will not be liable for any loss or damage.
- All fees are payable in advance or by due date.
- Failure to pay fees after 3 weeks will result in suspension, after a further two weeks athletes will be removed from any competition teams for that season.
- If the debt remains unpaid after 2 months we may engage a debt collection agency to pursue you for the debt. You agree that you will be responsible for all costs of the debt collection agency.
- You understand that if your child misses a class they are enrolled on you must still pay for this lesson. Unless medically unable to take part in sporting activity and home care is needed. This may need a doctor's note to waiver payments.
- Preferred payment is via BACS with student's full name as reference. All other payments either cash or cheque MUST be in a named envelope with details of the payment and classes it relates to. Hawks will not accept responsibility for mislaid cheques or cash payments.
- All cheques should be made payable to Hartlepool Hawks Cheerleading Academy.
- Fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- All fees are payable weekly in advance (week beginning) however, an option is available to pay monthly
- All students are expected to conduct themselves sensibly during all classes/sessions, showing self-discipline and respect towards others at all times. Students who damage Hawks or any venue's equipment or property through misuse or reckless behaviour will be held liable to any costs of repair or replacement. Hawks reserves the right to exclude students from lessons at its discretion.
- No mobile phones are to be used in class.
- When using social media all students are expected to conduct themselves appropriately and sensibly with polite etiquette. Students should ensure they uphold the reputation of Hawks. Inappropriate use of social media in association with Hawks may jeopardise your place at Hawks.
- Uniform is compulsory at Hawks, Green kit for All sessions except elite classes were elite uniform is to be worn
- No jewellery is to be worn.
- Costumes and/or props on loan or hired to a student must be returned to Hawks in the same condition. Students who damage Hawks uniforms/ costumes through misuse or reckless behaviour will be held liable to any costs of repair or replacement.
- By signing the Hartlepool Hawks Cheerleading Academy terms and conditions, you consent to the following: Your consent gives permission for images/video footage of yourself/your child to be taken during Hawks classes, workshops, parties, demonstrations, events and shows, and for these images/video footage to be lawfully used for the advertising, marketing and promotion of Hawks. Consent also includes the release of photographs/video footage for sale to parents as mementos of Hawks workshops or the rehearsals/shows performed by students of Hawks. The photographs/video footage may be used in Hawks promotional material including, but not limited to, flyers, posters, newsletters, course leaflets, advertisements, promotional show reels, web site and press releases. You also relinquish any right to edit/examine or approve the products or use to which any such image(s) is/are applied in the lawful promotion of Hawks.
All students are required to complete and sign a Hawks personal information form to confirm that they have read and understood the Hawks Terms & Conditions.
*This is for you to fully read and keep to refer to in future if needed, this does not need to be returned back to the club with the personal information forms.